Top ten most popular movie cars in 60 years
London - From the time-travelling Delorean to the 'Love Bug' VW Beetle, cars have played many iconic movie roles.
The awesome guys at GoCompare.com have analysed six decades worth of movie data in order to uncover the most famous makes and models to have appeared on the big screen.
Our criteria was simple: the car needed to have featured prominently in the film or have been used by a main cast member on screen; from there we found the most frequently occurring makes and models. In order to classify a car as "Iconic" we used IMDb popularity combined with their appearances in film!
Top 10 Makes (#, Make, No. of Movies, Most Frequently Used Models)
1. Ford, 8988 movies (Mustang, Crown Victoria, Econoline)
2. Chevrolet, 5513 movies (Impala, Caprice, Camaro)
3. Mercedes-Benz, 4176 movies (S-Class, E-Class, SL)
4. Volkswagen, 2726 movies (Golf, Passat Variant, 1200)
5. BMW, 2340 movies (5 series, 3 series, 7 series)
6. Dodge, 2287 movies (Diplomat, Ram, Coronet)
7. Fiat, 2161 movies (Panda, 500 F, Ducato)
8. Cadillac, 2031 movies (Fleetwood 75, Series 62 Convertible, Sedan Deville)
9. Toyota, 2026 movies (Corolla, Hilux, Crown)
10. Citroen, 1758 movies (DS 19, ID 19, CX)
What is your favourite movie car? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org