10 facts about the Renault Duster you might not have known
• The Renault Duster competes in the competitive B-SUV segment.
• Locally, more than 21 000 Duster models have been sold since 2013.
• It boasts a ground clearance of 210mm, and prices start from R289 900.
The Renault Duster is one of SA's most popular, and much-loved compact SUVs available in the local market. It's rugged looks, and reliability and frugal fuel consumption are just some of its key characteristics.
Here are 10 facts about the Duster you might not have known:
1. Since the introduction of the 1st-generation of the Duster model in 2013, over 21 000 vehicles have been sold locally – and more than two-million units have been sold worldwide.
2. The compact SUV boasts a ground clearance of 210mm, and is available in 4x2 and 4x4 configurations.
3. It's not only capable but practical too and has a 478-litre boot.
4. Several nifty features include handsfree key card with an auto-lock facility, and a start-stop button.
5. The Duster is fitted with either 16-inch or 17-inch alloy wheels with and has C-shaped daytime running lights.
6. For those tackling the beaten track, there is hill start assist and hill descent control, in addition there is an innovative 4x4 monitor to help assess the pitch and roll angles of this SUV at any given time.
7. To make life easier the Duster is fitted with MediaNAV, a reverse camera, blind spot warning, park distance control and climate control.
8. Renault has skimped on the safety in the Duster and it has up to six airbags, EBA, electronic stability control and ABS brakes.
9. There are three engine options available – a 1.6-litre 16 valve engine and two versions of the 1.5 dCi turbo diesel engine.
10. The Duster is sold standard with a three-year or 45 000km service plan and a five year or 150 000km warranty.
• 1.6 Expression 4x2 - R289 900
• 1.5 dCi TechRoad 4x2 - R327 900
• 1.5 dCi TechRoad EDC 4x2 - R361 900
• 1.5 dCi Dynamique 4x4 - R361 900
• 1.5 dCi Prestige EDC 4x2 - R374 900