BIKES | Get that on-top-of-the-mountains feeling at the annual Snow+Rock Enduro event
On 25 to 27 October, Afriski Mountain Resort in Lesotho will once again host the annual Snow+Rock Enduro Event – an experience that not only allows enduro riders to pit their skills against the rugged Maluti mountains, but also offers their families to be in on the fun too!
Afriski, in conjunction with Wild West Enduro Track, set out to create an event that caters for riders across the board, from beginners to intermediate enduro riders to the advanced bikers who are looking for an event challenging enough to hone their skills.
Plenty to see
The event will represent a genuine challenge to enduro riders of every skill level, and friends and family will have the option of following the race on a spectator-friendly tar road surrounded by beautiful scenery. There are options to hit the hiking trails that are well marked or mountain bike trails, both offering a different way to see the countryside.
And while the riders are facing the challenges of the Maluti, their families won’t go wanting for ways to pass the time.
"There’ll be plenty of activities for non-riders to enjoy, including kids’ play areas, monster rollers, abseiling and Lesotho cultural visits, to name but a few," says Afriski’s Peter Peyper.
By the end of October, when Snow+Rock takes place, the bracing cold of winter will have been replaced by gentler temperatures – making the great outdoors even more appealing.
Afriski and nearby guest houses offer well-priced, extremely comfortable accommodation with stunning views and catering options including the Sky Restaurant at Afriski – Africa’s highest eatery.
• What: A 2-day motorcycle enduro event, featuring a Lowland Ride and an Altitude Ride.
• When: 25 – 27 October 2019.
• Where: Afriski Mountain Resort, Lesotho (and surrounding areas). Afriski is approximately 5½ hours by road from Johannesburg, 6 hours from Durban, or a 14-hour drive from Cape Town.
• Who: Novice, intermediate and advanced enduro riders and their families.
• Cost: R750 per entry for the 2-day ride (includes goodie bag and exclusive Snow+Rock event T-shirt), no entrance fee charged for spectators.
• How to enter the event, click here.
• Other activities: Kids’ indoor and outdoor play areas, hiking, monster rollers, mountain bike trails, gorge jumping and river swimming, abseiling, 4x4 off-road routes, day trips to Katse Dam, fly-fishing and Lesotho cultural visits.
Click here for more information.