Renault launches new Clio RS in SA: We have specs, prices
Cape Town - Renault has launched its fourth-generation Clio RS with F1-inspired enhancements to make its mark amongst SA's hot hatches.
The automaker claims the Clio RS is the leader of the pack with its redefined F1-inspired RS styling and race technology, underpinned by enhanced performance.
The Clio RS is available in two models: Lux and a more hardcore Trophy model. The former delivers 147kW and 260Nm from its 1.6-litre turbocharged engine, while the Trophy has 162kW.
Other distinct and improved RS design prompts include specific RS badging below the larger Renault logo on the front and on the boot lid, new RS alloy wheels (17" on the LUX Model, and Gloss Black 18" on the Trophy) and specific sills, and a rear that is distinguishable by a sporty spoiler, and a bold functional R.S. diffuser with a twin exhaust tail pipe.
Power output & chassis: a unique package in its segmentAnother brand differentiator is the specific RS Diff - Electronic Differential - a system which enables the driver to retain traction and limit vehicle skidding, by using ABS and ESP sensors, in conjunction with the vehicle's brakes.
The formidable Clio RS TROPHY displays the ultimate in Renault Sport technology with an impressive range of track oriented features that demonstrate the prowess of the direct F1 technology transfer to this exclusive model.
• The liveliness of this vehicle is enhanced through its lower chassis and 18" high performance Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres.
• Its engine delivers 162kW at 6050 r/min, with a top speed of 235km/h. The vehicle is able to achieve 0 to 100km/h in just 6.6 secs.
• The TROPHY is the only vehicle in the B-segment to have an Akrapovic exhaust as standard. This re-engineered exhaust has a strongly identifiable sound and exudes accelerated performance.
• The red brake calipers are an instantly recognizable RS technology cue, representing phenomenal braking performance, with its 320mm ventilated discs.
Despite its high performance, the consumption of this RS vehicle is very controlled, with CO2 emissions at 135g/km and an impressive fuel consumption from only 5.9l/ 100km.
Aside from the beautiful design, the functional interior is packed with additional innovative technology, synonymous with much of the Renault model range -
• Onboard navigation on offer via the 7" touchscreen, with a range of other easy-to-use one touch functionalities - Multimedia, radio and telephone systems with Bluetooth connectivity.
• Cruise Control-speed limiter, whereby a set cruising or maximum speed can be selected, with steering wheel mounted controls to allow for speed adjustment.
• Rain sensors, automatically regulating the frequency of your windscreen wipers according to how heavily it is raining, and Light Sensors, enabling the headlights when the sensors detect a certain level of darkness.
• A Hands-free Card Key for convenient remote entry, and in support of the easy Stop/ Start functionality.
• ABS + EBD - An ABS anti-lock braking system with electronic brake distribution (EBD) combined with emergency brake assist (EBA) to maintain trajectory control in the event of hard braking.
• New Generation ESC (Electronic Stability Control) and ASR (Anti-Slip Regulation) active traction control, ensuring the vehicle remains stable even in difficult road conditions, with a full disable function.
• HSA (Hill Start Assist) effectively preventing the vehicle from rolling when trying to pull away, or on an up or down gradient.
• Highly efficient driver and passenger head & chest front and side airbags.
• Height adjustable driver and passenger seat belts with pretensions and load limiters, with three Isofix 3-point front and rear seat attachments.
RS LUX - R379 900
RS TROPHY - R419 900
Metallic paint - R 2500
Special metallic paint: Sirius Yellow and Frost Pearl White - R10 000